How it Works
You will receive a professional MLS listing in your local MLS with all the information that traditional 6% agents provide, PLUS all the cost saving benefits of selling as a “For Sale By Owner” for the flat fee of $250.
ADDITIONALLY, your listing will appear on literally thousands of other websites that display MLS listings, including national sites such as Realtor.com, Trulia, Homefinder, Zillow and Google.
Why list on the MLS?
- MLS stands for “Multiple Listing Service” and is “the real estate market”.
- Over 90% of all properties sold in the US are a result of MLS listing exposure.
- Being listed in the MLS means all the local Realtors are able to find your home in their MLS database.
- Buyers are able to find your home on hundreds of public MLS websites, where they are most likely to be searching for a home.
- MLS listed properties sell faster and for more money than non-MLS listed “for sale by owner” properties.
Why use a Flat Fee MLS listing Brokerage rather than a traditional 6% Realtor?
– No Agent = No Commission! –
- You receive the same MLS listing in the same local MLS for a one-time low Flat Fee instead of paying a 6% commission.
- You retain the right to sell your property yourself, without paying a commission!
- More exposure on hundreds of national MLS websites.
- You are in control of your listing! Realtors working with qualified Buyers will call you directly because your name and phone numbers are posted on the MLS listing.
- You are in control of the contract offer! You are able to negotiate terms and conditions with the Realtor directly, saving both time and stress.
- You may cancel your MLS listing at any time. List Now
What is the MLS?
MLS stands for “Multiple Listing Service”. There are 958 individual MLS’s across the country; some are large and regional representing several counties while some are smaller and represent one county. They are all separate from each other, so a Realtor who looks on his local MLS in Hollywood, Florida can not see the listings in the Seattle, Washington MLS. That is why it is so important to be listed in the correct local MLS. Many national websites combine all MLS listings from all the 958 MLS’s and post them all on their website. All information such as commissions and/or bonuses offered to agents, owner contact information and lockbox codes are not displayed. However, local MLS agents are able to see that important information from their MLS.
Realtors and the MLS
Only a licensed Real Estate Broker who belongs to the MLS and pays the MLS dues/fees is able to list a property. An unlicensed individual cannot list a property in the MLS. The Real Estate Broker is responsible for the accuracy of the listing and keeping it current. A Broker may pay fines if a property is actually under contract or sold, but still listed as “Active” in MLS. Fines are imposed to encourage all Brokers to keep the MLS listing as current as possible.
When you list with FlatFee.com, a licensed Real Estate Broker who belongs to the MLS where your property is located will be assigned to your listing. We have a Broker Network that covers every MLS in the country.
5 Easy Steps to List Your Property
- Go to our registration page
- Enter the requested account information and listing information
- Enter the payment information, or choose a limited free listing
- Submit the registration form
- Confirm your email address and log in to complete listing details and add photos
Within 24 hours (usually sooner, except on weekends) you will receive an email with forms and information needed for the MLS listing (if you do not receive it in this timeframe, please call us). You should complete the forms/paperwork per instructions and send it to your local Broker. Your property will be listed in MLS by the end of the following business day.
From this point forward, your local Broker will be your main point of contact. If there are any problems that you feel your local Broker cannot handle or if you have any questions about your listing, please feel free to call our office at 1-808-747-9670.
Once your property is posted in the MLS, it may take 2-4 days before your listing appears on many of the other national websites, such as Trulia, Zillow, Homefinder and Google. Realtor.com usually uploads within 24 hours. The delay for the uploading of information is based on the MLS’s ability to upload the new listing information to the websites.
All amendments to your listing, photo updates and listing status changes will be handled with your local Broker. Your Broker has your best interests at heart and he or she will strive for the most complete listing possible with all your information and photos provided.